Belfast Telegraph

Friday 25 July 2014

Tess Daly talks of third baby plans

Amy Winehouse

Tess Daly has discussed the possibility of having a third child in a TV interview, following her declaration that her marriage is worth fighting for.

The Strictly Come Dancing presenter's husband Vernon Kay has admitted sending explicit messages to other women, but the couple are working through their difficulties.

Speaking on ITV1's This Morning, mother-of-two Daly, who has penned a book called The Baby Diaries, was asked by presenter Holly Willoughby what kind of birth she would choose if she were to have a third child.

Daly, 38, said: "Definitely (a) natural birth. Definitely. You're on your feet the next day and kind of back to normal more or less and yeah, I found it easier."

Daly was asked by Willoughby: "Really?" She replied: "Yes, definitely."

Talking about her first pregnancy, Daly said: "Was I ready for it? I don't think you're every ready to become a mum. But once it happens I think it's the best thing that has ever happened to you."

Former model Kay, 35, admitting he sent explicit texts to around five women, went on to apologise to hundreds of thousands of listeners on his Radio 1 show.

Earlier this week, Daly told BBC1's The One Show: "It's been tough as you can imagine, but I've taken some time out to think things through and at the end of the day we've had 10 great years together, we've got two beautiful kids and we both think that's worth fighting for."

Daly, who married Kay in 2003, also said in the previous interview: "Dealing with it in private is difficult enough but dealing but with it in public is even harder, at the end of the day I've had so much support from everyone that I meet really, not just family and friends, that has really touched me a lot and has been amazing."

Earlier this month the celebrity couple made their first official appearance together since the texts revelations when they attended a Prince's Trust award ceremony.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk