Belfast Telegraph

Wednesday 2 September 2015

BreastCheck worried about women refusing screening offer

Published 09/11/2006

The operators of the BreastCheck scheme have expressed concern about the number of women who are not taking up offers of free breast cancer screening.

In its annual report for 2005, the BreastCheck project says almost 60,000 women were screened last year, an increase of 16% on the figure for 2004.

However, it says almost one-quarter of those invited to attend screening did not take up the offer.

BreastCheck director Tony O'Brien says he understands why many people may be reluctant, but early detection is among the best ways to ensure survival from breast cancer.

From the web

Sponsored Videos

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph