Belfast Telegraph

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Man dies after shock from electric pylon

A man in his twenties has died after he received an electric shock from a pylon in Cork city.

It happened at a housing estate on the South Douglas Road last night.

Two units of Anglsea Fire Brigade along with Gardaí from Douglas were called to the scene at Green Hills Court on the South Douglas Road at around 11pm last night after the man climbed a high voltage electricity pylon.

The man, who was well known locally, was pronounced dead at the scene.

His remains were taken to Cork University Hospital where a post mortem examination will be carried out later.

The scene at Green Hills Court has been sealed off for a technical examination and Gardaí are investigating.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz