A 37-year-old man, who sustained serious burns in an incident at his home in Cork, has died in hospital.
It is understood that the father-of-one accidentally set himself alight on Thursday while putting petrol into a lawnmower.
He lost his fight for life yesterday evening at Cork University Hospital.
Gardai are continuing to investigate the incident but it's thought to have been a tragic accident.
COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? firstname.lastname@example.org