Belfast Telegraph

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Man re-charged with murder of Liam Maguire in Dundalk

A 36-year-old man who was re-arrested last night in connection with the murder of a Co Louth man in June has appeared before Dublin District Court.

Gregory Conway, of no fixed abode, is charged with the murder of 43-year-old Dundalk man Liam Maguire.

Mr Maguire's body was found in his home on Castletown Road in Dundalk last June.

He had suffered multiple injuries.

Mr Conway was charged with his murder and taken into custoy on June 14th.

However, last week, he was freed because the DPP failed to produce the book of evidence.

He appeared again today on the same charge.

Detective Garda John Brady told the court Mr Conway was re-arrested last night on Jervis Street in Dublin.

He was charged with the murder of Mr Maguire an hour later in Store Street Garda Station and the court heard he said he understood the charge, but made no reply to it.

His solicitor told the court that he would be contesting the charge.

Seamus Cassidy for the DPP gave the court a guarantee that the book of evidence would be ready next week.

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz