Belfast Telegraph

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Parents urged to be vigilant with toxic household products

Health Minister Mary Harney is urging parents to be more vigilant when storing hazardous household products.

The warning follows the publication of new figures from the National Poisons Information Centre showing 11 people died due to poisoning last year.

Speaking at the release of the figures, Ms Harney said the majority of cases of accidental poisoning among children were caused by toxic household products.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz