Two students from Philadelphia, who had been travelling on a flight from Newark to Dublin, have been taken to Beaumont hospital for treatment for suspected food poisoning.
They had been travelling as part of a group of 24 university students, on a Continental Airlines flight.
It is understood that five people, who had eaten chicken at a party in New York became ill on board, and when the flight landed at 8am the aeroplane was quarantined.
A doctor was called and two people were taken to hospital.
COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? firstname.lastname@example.org