Belfast Telegraph

Friday 19 December 2014

Three-year-old girl dies after nightdress catches fire

A three-year-old girl has died in hospital from injuries she sustained when her nightdress caught fire at her home in Co Fermanagh four weeks ago.

Rebecca Johnston lost her fight for life last night at Crumlin Children's Hospital in Dublin.

The girl suffered extensive burns on December 11th when her nightdress was ignited by a candle at her home near Enniskillen.

Her mother also suffered burns to her hands as she tried to extinguish the flames.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz