Belfast Telegraph

Thursday 18 December 2014

Tatler dog dies in revolving door

London Fire Brigade was called after a dog got stuck in a revolving door
London Fire Brigade was called after a dog got stuck in a revolving door

A Tatler magazine dog which attracted thousands of Twitter followers has died after getting trapped in revolving doors.

Daily updates on the life of miniature long-haired dachshund Alan - such as "morning yoga sesh. Nailing the Cobra" - attracted legions of fans.

But the magazine editor's assistant and events manager Jennifer George tweeted: "Yesterday my tiny much-loved man Alan passed away in a tragic accident.

"Thank you to all that were there to help, all the kind wishes and all who followed @TatlerAlan. He was so awesome and so very loved."

She also shared the last photo she took of her pet, adding, "handsome as ever".

The dog, which had more than 2,500 followers, is thought to have got trapped in the revolving doors at Vogue House, magazine firm Conde Nast's London headquarters.

A Conde Nast spokesman said: "There was an accident at the reception of Vogue House yesterday and sadly the dog did pass away."

A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: "We were called yesterday at 1.50pm after reports that a dog was trapped in a door at Hanover Square.

"We arrived within minutes. Two fire engines - about 10 firefighters - were sent to the scene. The firefighters worked to rescue Alan but he died at the scene. We left about an hour later."

A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said that it treated a man for shock at the scene but that he was not taken to hospital.

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz