A DIVISION of BAE Systems which makes cockpit displays for fighter jets and digital engine controls for commercial aircraft has been taken off the market after its owner failed to agree a sale. BAE Systems said there had been interest in its Platform Solutions business, which went up for sale in September amid speculation it could be worth £1.3bn. However, BAE said no sale was agreed.
BAE division fails to agree sale deal
- Veteran actor takes Doctor Who role
- Boys held over teenage 'drug' death
- Amanda Bynes ‘doing better’
- Kate Middleton: nice-but-dull Duchess cuts an annoying baby bump pose
- Pub gloom deepens as Belfast nightclub put on market for just £300,000
- Activists attack PM on gay marriage
- FHM's sexiest women poll sees Mila Kunis knock Tulisa off her perch
- Benedict Cumberbatch never expected success
- Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard have new list of suspects in Portugal child snatch probe
- Ryanair tells pilots that passenger safety fears letter is ‘gross misconduct’
Latest Business News
Pub gloom deepens as Belfast nightclub put on market for just £300,000
A well-known Belfast nightspot has gone on the market with a price tag of £300,000.
Ryanair tells pilots that passenger safety fears letter is ‘gross misconduct’
Budget airline Ryanair pilots have been told not to sign a letter to airline regulators expressing concern that the airline’s employment practices could jeopardise passenger safety.
Look to emerging markets: RICS chief
NORTHERN Ireland's construction firms should continue to look to emerging markets for opportunities, the head of a professional organisation said.
Thomas Cook in debt cutting move
THOMAS Cook took another step towards calmer waters be announcing a £425m fundraising with shareholders in a bid to cut debt.
Coach tour firm destined for growth with air travel bid
A local independent specialist tour operator has launched a new dedicated air holiday division.
A change of place but not of pace at Balmoral Show
Not actually Balmoral in Belfast – that's the smell of leafy streets and manicured lawns – but the new, vast Maze site where the show of the same name was in full swing.