THE troubled Cruise fashion chain, which has a store in Belfast's Victoria Square shopping centre, has been rescued with a buy-out led by the retail entrepreneur Sir Tom Hunter, saving 1 stores from closure. Sir Tom said he planned to keep the stores trading as part of a joint venture with Van Mildert, the fashion retailer.
Cruise fashion rescued in buyout
- Boys held over teenage 'drug' death
- Amanda Bynes ‘doing better’
- Pub gloom deepens as Belfast nightclub put on market for just £300,000
- Kristen Stewart ‘wants normal life with Pattinson’
- Ryanair tells pilots that passenger safety fears letter is ‘gross misconduct’
- Kate Middleton: nice-but-dull Duchess cuts an annoying baby bump pose
- County Down stately home badly damaged in fire
- Mila Kunis 'warned about Kutcher'
- Dr Who starlet Jenna-Louise Coleman's shyness is a puzzle that would leave even Dr Who baffled
- Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard have new list of suspects in Portugal child snatch probe
Latest Business News
Pub gloom deepens as Belfast nightclub put on market for just £300,000
A well-known Belfast nightspot has gone on the market with a price tag of £300,000.
Ryanair tells pilots that passenger safety fears letter is ‘gross misconduct’
Budget airline Ryanair pilots have been told not to sign a letter to airline regulators expressing concern that the airline’s employment practices could jeopardise passenger safety.
Look to emerging markets: RICS chief
NORTHERN Ireland's construction firms should continue to look to emerging markets for opportunities, the head of a professional organisation said.
Thomas Cook in debt cutting move
THOMAS Cook took another step towards calmer waters be announcing a £425m fundraising with shareholders in a bid to cut debt.
Coach tour firm destined for growth with air travel bid
A local independent specialist tour operator has launched a new dedicated air holiday division.
A change of place but not of pace at Balmoral Show
Not actually Balmoral in Belfast – that's the smell of leafy streets and manicured lawns – but the new, vast Maze site where the show of the same name was in full swing.