Aberdeen-based energy services group Wood, which employs 41,000 people worldwide, has won a $24m (£18.6m) deal to design and build a 75 MW gas turbine for a facility run by Petra Nova that will give additional peak generating capacity to 23 million Texas customers.
Energy firm wins $24m US contract
- Search of MP's office is linked to rape claim
- Expectations high for Xbox 720 launch as Microsoft prepares to go head to head with Sony's PS4
- New baby joy for Wayne and Coleen
- Klopp heartbroken at Kagawa fate
- Return of the Special One? Jose Mourinho clear to rejoin Chelsea
- Man killed in house gas explosion
- Ex-priest jailed for sex attacks
- Church of Scotland votes to allow gay men and women to become ministers
- Legal minefield looms if Northern Ireland opts out of new Same-Sex Couples Bill, lawyers warn
- Kate Middleton: nice-but-dull Duchess cuts an annoying baby bump pose
Latest Business News
26-year-old high school dropout worth $275m after selling Tumblr to Yahoo
David Karp, the 26-year-old founder of Tumblr, has now become one of the world’s richest technology entrepreneurs.
£1m pitch deal a World Cup winner
A CO ARMAGH company has scored a breathtaking goal – a £1m contract in Brazil ahead of next year's World Cup.
Invest NI aims higher after hitting targets in job creation
Mark Ennis, chairman of Invest NI, reported that in 2012-13 Invest NI produced "a very strong performance with tangible benefits for business and the economy". He quotes results which are more upbeat than might have been expected.
Property firm bucks downturn
FOYLESIDE Ltd is a large privately owned property company owned by Northern Ireland shareholders with a wide property portfolio across the UK with some held in subsidiary companies registered in Gibraltar. Locally the company owns the shopping centre of the same name in Derry City as well as Forestside in Belfast.
Cliff Kells, Tesco NI's commercial manager
We welcome this visionary strategy. We are huge advocates of the opportunities that exist for the Northern Ireland agri-food industry.
Coach firm on road to more success with £3m upgrade
A FAMILY-RUN coach company in Co Antrim is investing £3m on keeping its tour buses on the roads of Ireland and Scotland.