Defence giant to slash 1,300 jobs
Most Read in this section
- Could a slice of the City be on its way to Belfast? Government urged to help turn capital into global player in financial services
- Investment firm with 3,000 jobs promised goes into liquidation
- Bank marks half a decade of record low interest rates
- Diageo retains title of best place to work
- Lack of long-haul flights hitting tourism in Belfast, says hotelier
- UBS banker says Belfast has 'a lot to offer' big firms, as USA business leaders scout out city
- 119 jobs on line as high street chain Internacionale goes into administration
- Ballymena's Wrightbus to build flat-pack buses for Hong Kong
- Landmark cinema gets £40k loan to develop arts
- Belfast's tallest tower The Obel goes on market
Northern Ireland news photos
Photographs from Belfast, Northern Ireland
Business Opinion: Does economy need life support?
Half a decade of ultra-low interest rates. That's five years, or 60 months, or 260 weeks, or 1,825 days of what a member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee last week described as "having the economy on life support".
Herbel Group: Property market impacting group
The Herbel group is a Belfast-registered family-owned company, combining significant property investment assets along with extensive retail fast food operations as part of the Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) franchise. The group is the largest KFC franchise in Europe, with outlets in the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man, Scotland and South West England, as well as in Northern Ireland.
Help & Advice
How best to give to charity at Christmas
Aah, Christmas. A time for giving. Or for giving all your money to various online and high-street retailers – depending on your view.