Top 10 toughest job interview questions including 'how would you sell a fridge to an Eskimo?' and 'is Batman a superhero?'
Jobseekers in the UK and US are being asked crazy questions at interviews, such as how they would sell a fridge to an Eskimo and how many calories are in a supermarket.
Candidates have also been asked to comment on whether Batman is a superhero and to estimate how many tennis balls are used during the Wimbledon tournament.
Website Glassdoor has compiled lists of the most unexpected questions people have been asked when being interviewed about work.
Candidates were asked which cartoon character they would be, what was the wildest thing they had done, and what they would take to a lonely island.
Joe Wiggins, of Glassdoor, said: "There's no escaping the fact that the jobs market is bouyant and employers want to get it right first time so this is actually a really clever way of testing more than just the applicant's general knowledge.
"These interview questions may sound crazy and you could argue that very few people would actually know the answer.
"However, by throwing in such a wildcard, potential employers are testing strength of character, logical thinking and how the applicant responds under pressure. There may not be a correct answer but if you're willing to explain how you get there it speaks volumes."
Top 10 tough interview questions for 2015 - UK
- "Can you calculate how many tennis balls are used during the course of Wimbledon?"
– Asked at Accenture
- "Estimate the total number of cars in the UK."
– Asked at Barclays Capital
- "How many calories are in a grocery store?"
– Asked at Google
- "How would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?"
– Asked at Harrods
- "What would you take to a lonely island with you and why?"
– Asked at Urban Outfitters
- "Is Batman a superhero?"
– Asked at AlphaSights
- "You have 17 red and 17 blue balls, and you remove 2 at a time. If the two are the same colour, add in one extra blue ball. If they are different colours, add in an extra red ball. What colour is the final ball removed?"
– Asked at Geonomics
- "What cartoon character would you be and why?"
– Asked at ASDA
- "What is the wildest thing you have done?"
– Asked at Metro Bank
- "What was your opinion of the film Blair Witch Project?"
– Asked at Jefferies & Company
Top 10 oddball interview questions for 2015 - USA
- "What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash?"
– Asked at Airbnb
- "What's your favorite 90s jam?"
– Asked at Squarespace
- "If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them how would you choose which ones to answer?"
– Asked at Dropbox
- "Who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Batman?"
– Asked at Stanford University
- "If you had a machine that produced $100 dollars for life what would you be willing to pay for it today?"
– Asked at Aksia
- "What did you have for breakfast?"
– Asked at Banana Republic
- "Describe the colour yellow to somebody who's blind."
– Asked at Spirit Airlines
- "If you were asked to unload a 747 full of jelly beans, what would you do?"
– Asked at Bose
- "How many people flew out of Chicago last year?"
– Asked at Redbox
- "What's your favourite Disney Princess?"
– Asked at Cold Stone Creamery
Looking for a job in Northern Ireland? Try NI JobFinder