Wetherspoons opens doors of 800th outlet
Most Read in this section
- Victoria's Secret opens first shop on island of Ireland
- Job fears at Barratts shoe chain as closing down sales begin
- A 'Premier' deal as Inn is snapped up for £9m by investor
- Irish finance chief stays calm as Dublin house prices surge again
- Famous nightclub The Coach in Banbridge put on the market
- Deadline set for Andor's response to £174m takeover
- Pension age: Thousands in Northern Ireland will have to 'toil until they drop'
- Sighs of relief as Northern Ireland jobs market looks positive
- Tyrone firm builds plant for recycling in Nigeria
- Ryanair halves excess baggage fee in image U-turn
Talking Shop: Government ignores basic principles of economics
The Bank of Ireland last week became the second of the big four banks in Northern Ireland to sign up to the UK government's Help to Buy scheme. While many have sought to portray this as a welcome vote of confidence in the Northern Ireland property market, attention should be drawn to the many dangers this policy poses.
Titanic Island Ltd
Titanic Island is the Northern Ireland subsidiary of Jersey-registered Titanic Investments. Titanic Island is the main property development firm on the 161 acres of land with a long lease from the Harbour Commissioners, at the Queen's Island site that was formerly used by Harland and Wolff.
Help & Advice
Shortage of mentors hampers recovery of the Northern Ireland economy
I came to Belfast 10 years ago on a three-month contract and was immediately hooked. The reason was simple: I had arrived in what seemed like a business utopia.