How British Airways can help businesses take off
British Airways was the overall sponsor of this year's glittering Belfast Telegraph Business Awards and here, the airline's partnership manager Brenda Morgan gives the benefits of joining the airline’s Executive Club and signing up for the On Business scheme
At British Airways, we currently provide passengers from Northern Ireland with up to six flights a day from Belfast City Airport to London Heathrow. The route has become an essential airlink for both business and leisure customers, offering excellent connectivity to our global network of more than 130 destinations worldwide from London Heathrow.
We want to reward all of our passengers and ensure that they make use of the extensive benefits on offer when they chose to fly with British Airways.
As well as providing a full onboard experience, including complimentary refreshments, online check-in and seat selection 24 hours before departure, we also offer all our passengers the option to join our Executive Club.
Signing up to the Executive Club is not only free, but provides members from Northern Ireland with even more value for money when booking their flights from Belfast, making their travel budgets go further.
Also, British Airways' newly re-vamped On Business programme will now enable members to choose between an immediate discount of at least five per cent off selected flights, or choose On Business points that can be used towards future travel and upgrades. British Airways is offering new members who sign up to the scheme the opportunity to earn triple On Business points on their first six flights or on selected routes with eligible partner airlines within their first 12 months of joining.
Business customers flying on behalf of their company will collect On Business points which will benefit their whole organisation as they can be redeemed on upgrades and reward flights for any staff member flying across the British Airways, American Airlines and Iberia network.
For example, 9,000 On Business points can be redeemed for a return economy flight from Heathrow to New York.
In addition to this, the team member travelling for business can also personally benefit through Executive Club membership as they can collect Avios points - the currency of the Executive Club - when they fly for business, which they can redeem on personal travel. They also have the opportunity to progress through the blue, bronze, silver and gold Executive Club tiers with their attendant benefits.
The changes to British Airways On Business programme include the following.
At British Airways, we recognise that small and medium companies in Northern Ireland are the backbone of our economy, and we want to do everything we can to help them reach their potential.
We understand that it can be a struggle to make budgets stretch.
However, our newly re-vamped On Business offering really does give local companies the chance to make the most of their travel expenditure and reap the rewards of genuine and immediate discounts that will effectively help local companies extend their reach by doing face to face business across the globe.
How you can benefit
- Simplified earn and spend, so that customers can earn on the money they spend on each flight rather than the sectors flown. Companies have the flexibility to choose between earning points on flights or having a cash discount.
- More flights to collect and redeem on, by flying on British Airways, American Airlines and Iberia. There will also be more reward flights and upgrades available. Customers who are members of the British Airways Executive Club or Iberia Plus can also earn Avios from their flights.
- Discounts on www.ba.com, with exclusive news and member-only offers to boost points and savings.
- A new three-tiered programme, with each of the tiers related to the amount spent on flights in a year, rather than distance travelled. And the higher the tier, the greater the points towards reward flights and upgrades.
- Easier and straightforward account management, with a simple-to-use management information tool with custom reporting, providing a clear view of who is earning points, where and when.