Name : John French Company : The Consumer Council for Northern Ireland Position : Head of Energy Role : John leads the energy team which works on energy policy, |research and strategy issues Track record : Prior to joining the Consumer Council, John was Head of Policy at the UK Business Council for Sustainable Energy (UKBCSE) which brings together chief executives of the major energy companies in the UK to develop an effective, sustainable strategic energy dialogue with Government. Previously he was network director at the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) in Vienna, and policy |advisor on Climate Change and Energy issues at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Pub gloom deepens as Belfast nightclub put on market for just £300,000
- Amanda Bynes ‘doing better’
- Beyoncé expecting second child - Blue Ivy and Jay-Z braced for stiff competition
- Video: Leinster achieve unique double
- Kate Middleton: nice-but-dull Duchess cuts an annoying baby bump pose
- Egypt holiday anguish as little Chloe Johnson dies in resort pool tragedy
- Mila Kunis 'warned about Kutcher'
- Ryanair tells pilots that passenger safety fears letter is ‘gross misconduct’
- Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard have new list of suspects in Portugal child snatch probe
- Emma Watson: I have an alibi!
Latest Business News
Pub gloom deepens as Belfast nightclub put on market for just £300,000
A well-known Belfast nightspot has gone on the market with a price tag of £300,000.
Ryanair tells pilots that passenger safety fears letter is ‘gross misconduct’
Budget airline Ryanair pilots have been told not to sign a letter to airline regulators expressing concern that the airline’s employment practices could jeopardise passenger safety.
Look to emerging markets: RICS chief
NORTHERN Ireland's construction firms should continue to look to emerging markets for opportunities, the head of a professional organisation said.
Thomas Cook in debt cutting move
THOMAS Cook took another step towards calmer waters be announcing a £425m fundraising with shareholders in a bid to cut debt.
Coach tour firm destined for growth with air travel bid
A local independent specialist tour operator has launched a new dedicated air holiday division.
A change of place but not of pace at Balmoral Show
Not actually Balmoral in Belfast – that's the smell of leafy streets and manicured lawns – but the new, vast Maze site where the show of the same name was in full swing.