Name: John Hanna Company: Hanna IP Position: European patent attorney Role: Advising clients on patents, trade marks, designs and copyright. Specialising in engineering and biotechnology Track record: Graduated from Queen’s with an MSc in design engineering in 1997. Worked as patent attorney for 10 years in Ireland, Sweden and Northern Ireland, advising private inventors, start-ups and established technology firms
- Robbie Williams gets BBC Radio One's Big Weekend in Derry off to a flying start
- Want an Eton scholarship? All you need to do is answer four (not so simple) questions
- 'Friend' of Woolwich murder suspect Michael Adebolajo arrested after claims MI5 tried to recruit the alleged attacker
- Belfast Telegraph Runher 2013
- Police on alert for EDL parade
- FHM's sexiest women poll sees Mila Kunis knock Tulisa off her perch
- Radio One's Big Weekend: Robbie Williams makes guest appearance in Derry
- Man charged over Facebook comments
- Fierce fighting between Alawites and Sunnis in Tripoli, Lebanon brings Syrian war home
- We must rally against the threat of violence
Latest Business News
Spending habits picked up early
Most children's money habits have been formed by the time they reach the age of seven, research from a Government-backed body has found.
Skoda's superb, say car owners
The aptly-named Skoda Superb is the car that owners are most satisfied with, according to a survey. And another Skoda model – the Yeti – was second on the list compiled from owners' views by What Car? and JD Power and Associates. Third was the Jaguar XF, with equal fourth place occupied by the Citroen DS3 and the Lexus RX .
Halfords 'uphill slog to recovery'
Halfords has warned of a long uphill slog to recovery as profits tumbled by 22% and its dividend was slashed by a third to pay for a £100m revamp. New chief executive Matt Davies pledged to refresh tired-looking stores and improve customer service over the next three years but warned that earnings were unlikely to recover until 2016.
New chamber of trade president
Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce has welcomed Paul McMahon as its newly elected president.
Services industry gives vital boost to economy
The UK's return to growth has been underlined as revised figures confirmed the dominant services sector helped the economy expand by 0.3% in the first three months of the year.
Every little helps – at least for BT's chief
TWO of the FTSE's biggest bosses have banked rather different pay packets, it has been revealed.