Name : Peter Matthews Company : Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation Position : Chairman Role : Professor Matthews has been reappointed as NIAUR chairman for a further two years and will devote around one day a week to the regulator’s business. Track record : Professor Matthews has been chairman of the Utility Regulator since April 2006. He spent over 25 years at Anglian Water in a number of roles and retired as deputy managing director of Anglian Water International.
- Pub gloom deepens as Belfast nightclub put on market for just £300,000
- Amanda Bynes ‘doing better’
- Beyoncé expecting second child - Blue Ivy and Jay-Z braced for stiff competition
- Video: Leinster achieve unique double
- Kate Middleton: nice-but-dull Duchess cuts an annoying baby bump pose
- Egypt holiday anguish as little Chloe Johnson dies in resort pool tragedy
- Mila Kunis 'warned about Kutcher'
- Ryanair tells pilots that passenger safety fears letter is ‘gross misconduct’
- Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard have new list of suspects in Portugal child snatch probe
- Veteran fell runner dies in race
Latest Business News
Pub gloom deepens as Belfast nightclub put on market for just £300,000
A well-known Belfast nightspot has gone on the market with a price tag of £300,000.
Ryanair tells pilots that passenger safety fears letter is ‘gross misconduct’
Budget airline Ryanair pilots have been told not to sign a letter to airline regulators expressing concern that the airline’s employment practices could jeopardise passenger safety.
Look to emerging markets: RICS chief
NORTHERN Ireland's construction firms should continue to look to emerging markets for opportunities, the head of a professional organisation said.
Thomas Cook in debt cutting move
THOMAS Cook took another step towards calmer waters be announcing a £425m fundraising with shareholders in a bid to cut debt.
Coach tour firm destined for growth with air travel bid
A local independent specialist tour operator has launched a new dedicated air holiday division.
A change of place but not of pace at Balmoral Show
Not actually Balmoral in Belfast – that's the smell of leafy streets and manicured lawns – but the new, vast Maze site where the show of the same name was in full swing.