Managing director: Philip Cheevers
Pre-tax profit: £4.1m
Henry McLaughlin and William Harvey established their business as builders and contractors in Belfast in 1853. Since then it has grown to become one of the province’s leading construction companies.
It has been involved in many noteworthy projects in the commercial, retail and industrial sectors for banks, property companies, industrial clients and harbour authorities.
On the public side the company recently completed and is still involved in large hospital projects and a number of school replacements. Its civil engineering department specialises in railway and port/harbour work as well as general civil engineering.
The company, which has specialist divisions in facilities management, aluminium systems and specialist joinery, now operates throughout the UK and Ireland.
15 Trench Road,
Tel: 028 9034 2777