Belfast Telegraph

Friday 18 April 2014

Bangor Grammar reprieved

Bangor Grammar School’s new building will be delivered as planned, according to local DUP MLA Peter Weir.

There had been fears, when the Department of Education draft budget was announced, that the new projects at Bangor and the superschool at Holywood would be shelved.

Mr Weir submitted written questions and said the Department had confirmed that all 13 school projects announced in August 2010, including Bangor Grammar, would go ahead on schedule. He said he was still waiting to hear about Holywood’s four school project. “The people of Holywood cannot be treated as second class citizens."

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz