Assembly Election 2011 - Number of votes
Most Read in this section
Most read in DebateNI
- '1918 myth on which IRA based its legitimacy was swept away by 1998 Belfast Agreement'
- Northern Ireland flag: Cross of St Patrick speaks of the distinct identity of this region
- Is it time Gerry Adams stepped aside for good of Sinn Fein?
- 'Road Races Bill endangers fundamental right to attend place of worship on a Sunday'
- Haass' call for new Northern Ireland flag flies in the face of reason
Will Chambré: Nelson Mandela: Nothing is black and white
Today Northern Ireland joins with the rest of the free world in mourning the passing of Nelson Mandela. All shades of political opinion here have offered their condolences.
Blogs: Nelson Mandela belongs to the ages now
"Rwanda is our nightmare, South Africa is our dream.” So wrote the Nobel Prize-winning African novelist Wole Soyinka in 1994; it was a month after two events which seemed to span the polarities of despair and hope so many saw in Africa in the post-independence era.
John McCallister: Northern Ireland flag: Cross of St Patrick speaks of the distinct identity of this region
One year on and it seems we are no further forward on flags. Richard Haass has asked the parties to consider a new flag for Northern Ireland.
Latest DebateNI News
Edwin Poots unfazed by police college construction firm's £6.7bn in debt
An Executive minister said his fears over one of the firms involved in building the long-delayed new Police Training College near Cookstown have been allayed – despite the fact it is £6.7bn in debt.
David Trimble: let London rule on reform of Northern Ireland welfare benefits
Westminster should remove the Northern Ireland Assembly's powers over welfare benefits, former first minister Lord Trimble has said.
Peter Robinson and Martin McGuinness on Japanese trade mission
Peter Robinson and Martin McGuinness are in Japan for a four-day drive to attract new investment and jobs into Northern Ireland.