Black Mirror season 3 pictures: Charlie Brooker's dystopian anthology series returns to Netflix in October
Black Mirror season 3 begins in October on Netflix and ahead of the release Charlie Brooker has shared some teaser images online.
The show is an anthology series that taps into an unease with the modern world, with each stand-alone episode a sharp, suspenseful tale exploring themes of contemporary techno-paranoia.
Without questioning it, technology has transformed all aspects of our lives; in every home; on every desk; in every palm - a plasma screen; a monitor; a smartphone – a Black Mirror reflecting our 21st Century existence back at us.
The stills are taken from the opening two episodes which are both set to premiere at this year's Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
The series is created and written by Brooker.
The third season, comprises six episodes:
- San Junipero features Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis in an episode directed by Owen Harris
- Shut Up and Dance features Jerome Flynn and Alex Lawther. Directed by James Watkins
- Nosedive features Bryce Dallas Howard, Alice Eve and James Norton. Directed by Joe Wright
- Men Against Fire stars Michael Kelly, Malachi Kirby and Madeline Brewer. Directed by Jakob Verbruggen
- Hated in the Nation features Kelly MacDonald. Directed by James Hawes
- Playtest stars Wyatt Russell and Hannah John-Kamen. Directed by Dan Trachtenberg