Belfast Telegraph

Bollywood star banned over scuffle

Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has been banned from entering a Mumbai cricket stadium after scuffling with security guards.

Mumbai Cricket Association official Vilasrao Deshmukh said that the movie star - who is one of the biggest actors in the Indian film industry - would be banned from the stadium for five years.

Shah Rukh denied reports he was drunk when he went to the stadium to pick up his children at a Indian Premier League game on Wednesday evening. He says he lost his temper when he saw security guards pushing his children.

The actor co-owns the Kolkata Knight Riders, one of the teams that was playing at Wankhede Stadium on the evening that the incident occurred.

Last month, the film star was in the news when he was stopped at a suburban New York airport for an hour and a half by agents for Homeland Security, who later apologised.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph