Steve Carell has talked about his sadness at James Gandolfini's death, and revealed they were due to star together in a film next year.
Award-winning TV and film actor James, best known for his role as a mob boss in The Sopranos, was found dead in Italy after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Despicable Me 2 actor Steve said he was shocked by the news and told The Sun about a project they were due to work on in 2014, Bone Wars.
He said: "It's a huge loss. My thoughts go to his family. He was a great guy, really sweet, generous, kind and obviously a great actor. We were supposed to do something next year. It's a big shock."
James died on a family trip to Rome from a suspected heart attack at the age of 51.
The pair had appeared alongside each other earlier this year in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.
Despicable Me 2, where Steve voices the world's number two villain Gru, is released in cinemas on June 28.