Belfast Telegraph

Chris Pratt and Anna Faris announce split after eight years of marriage

The US stars said they still have love for one another as they asked fans to respect their privacy.

US actors Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have announced their separation after eight years of marriage.

The pair, who have a son named Jack, shared the news via social media, telling followers that they were “disappointed” by the split, but still have “love and respect” for each other.

Pratt, who starred in Guardians Of The Galaxy, wrote on Facebook: “Anna and I are sad to announce we are legally separating. We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed.

Anna and I are sad to announce we are legally separating. We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed. …

Posted by Chris Pratt on Sunday, August 6, 2017

“Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward.

“We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another. Chris Pratt and Anna Faris.”

Pratt, 38, and Mom star Faris, 40, married in 2009 and starred together in 2011 high school comedy, Take Me Home Tonight.

A post shared by Anna Faris (@annafaris) on

Earlier this year, Pratt told the Associated Press of their relationship: “For the first part of our relationship, we put our careers at the top.

“We were like, ‘Honey, if you get a job and you have to go to Istanbul for six months, you’re going. I’ll help you pack. I’ll Skype with you every day. You’re living your dream, I’m living my dream. That’s what we do.'”

Faris, who shot to fame in the early noughties with roles in the Scary Movie horror film spoof series, also shared the statement on Twitter.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph