Belfast Telegraph

Monday 31 August 2015

Favreau not directing Iron Man 3

Published 15/12/2010

Jon Favreau will not direct Iron Man 3
Jon Favreau will not direct Iron Man 3

Jon Favreau has confirmed he will not be directing the third Iron Man film.

The actor-filmmaker, who helmed the other two instalments, used his Twitter account to correct rumours that he would, once again, be sitting in the director's chair for Iron Man 3.

"It's true, I'm directing Magic Kingdom, not Iron Man 3 - I've had a great run with Marvel and wish them the best," he tweeted.

He later told Hero Complex blog: "Marvel and I both came of age together. The years that we shared were a pivotal experience. I am happy that I had the opportunity to establish the world that these characters can now play in. Iron Man has given me tremendous opportunities... I look forward to seeing what others can do playing in the same world."

The news about Jon's decision comes amid reported difficulties between him and Marvel, especially with creative control.

"In theory, Iron Man 3 is going to be a sequel or continuation of Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Avengers. This whole world... I have no idea what it is. I don't think they do either, from conversations I've had with those guys," he previously told MTV News.

While he may not be busy with Iron Man 3, which sees Robert Downey Jr reprising his role as the eponymous superhero, he has Magic Kingdom and promotion for his forthcoming Cowboys & Aliens to focus on.

From the web

Sponsored Videos

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph