Gordon-Levitt on Ant-Man 'rumours'
Published 17/10/2013 | 10:51
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has brushed off claims that he will star as Ant-Man.
The Don Jon star, who had been tipped to be one of the frontrunners for the Marvel superhero along with Paul Rudd, shot down the stories, saying they are just "rumours".
"You know I'm very transparent when there is news in my career," he told the French edition of the Huffington Post.
"I'm always the first to tell my fans if there's really something happening, so if you don't hear it from me, it's just people spouting out rumours."
The 32-year-old, who starred in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, also told the French-language network AlloCine that reports of him passing some Ant-Man tests were untrue.
British filmmaker Edgar Wright is set to direct the Ant-Man film, from a script he wrote with Attack The Block's Joe Cornish.
Ant-Man is the alter ego of Henry Pym, a scientific genius who invented a substance that allowed him to change his size.
Marvel recently moved forward the release date for Ant-Man to July 31, 2015 and Edgar tweeted a pre-production picture of Ant-Man, sparking speculation casting is under way.