Belfast Telegraph

Gosling, Efron for Star Wars VII?

Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron are among the actors rumoured to star in JJ Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII.

The two heartthrobs are reportedly being eyed for roles in the upcoming sci-fi instalment, with Ryan possibly being considered to play Luke Skywalker's son, according to the LA Times' Latino Review.

Leonardo DiCaprio also apparently had a meeting with film bosses, but has now decided to pass on the movie.

More details about the film are expected to be unveiled at Disney's annual D23 Expo, which will take place between August 9 and 11 in Anaheim, California.

Star Wars: Episode VII is set to continue the story of where 1983′s Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi left off, supposedly taking place 30 years after the previous film and possibly focusing on Han Solo and Princess Leia's twin children, Jaina and Jacen.

There have previously been reports that the franchise's original stars - Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill - could be returning, with the trio said to have been in talks. Star Wars creator George Lucas also told Business Week that the original cast members were on board.

JJ has said he is committed to directing the film, with a Disney spokesman saying: "JJ is having a great time working on the script and is looking forward to going into production next year."

Production on the seventh film in the series scheduled to start in the UK in 2014.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph