Great British Bake Off: Best innuendos from first episode of the new series
The Great British Bake Off is known for its use of cheeky baking-related innuendos, many of them coming from presenters Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc.
Judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood are also liable for some saucy suggestive phrases when speaking to the contestants and judging their bakes.
Here are the six best innuen-doughs from the first episode of the new series:
- Giedroyc telling the bakers about the Signature bake challenge; creating drizzle cakes.
"The key word, for this challenge - it's my favourite word - moist. We want sumptuous drizzling here, please."
- Perkins acting as timekeeper ahead of the challenge.
"You've got two hours to achieve ultimate moistness."
- Contestant Candice Brown describing her methods.
"I'm going to insert some custard... I'm going to poke it in."
- Hollywood complimenting Jane Beedle's cake
"You've got great penetration of the syrup."
- Perkins telling Kate Barmby to submit her cake to the judges.
"Move your purple ring where I can see it, Kate!"
- Perkins telling Hollywood to leave the room ahead of the technical challenge.
"Off to the soft play area, Paul. Don't injure yourself on the balls."
Belfast Telegraph Digital