Holm in or out of The Hobbit film?
Sir Ian Holm apparently still doesn't know if he'll be packing his bags to head to New Zealand for The Hobbit.
The acclaimed actor had been in talks with the film's producers about reprising his role as hobbit Bilbo Baggins, which he played in the first and third Lord Of The Rings films, and it had been reported that he was included in the star-studded cast for Peter Jackson's forthcoming prequel, due to start filming in New Zealand next month.
But he told the Daily Telegraph: "I don't know what's happening - I haven't heard anything for weeks."
The 79-year-old was keen to return to the part and was hoping to act alongside Martin Freeman, who plays the younger version of the character.
"I had great fun playing Baggins in the first two films and the plan had been, with Martin Freeman playing Young Baggins, I would be the Old Baggins. I suppose the earthquake in Christchurch couldn't have helped with communications," he said.
Melissa Booth, a spokesperson for the company making the film, said: "Filming starts on March 21," without addressing Sir Ian's remarks.