Belfast Telegraph

Thursday 26 May 2016

Lawrence: Bad Boys 3 on the way

Published 14/08/2014

Martin Lawrence is hopeful for Bad Boys 3
Martin Lawrence is hopeful for Bad Boys 3

Martin Lawrence has teased that Bad Boys 3 is in the works.

The 49-year-old actor, who made up a comedy double act alongside Will Smith in the action comedies, revealed he has been in touch with producer Jerry Bruckheimer about the third instalment as he appeared on the Conan O'Brien show.

"I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it's real. They're working on the script - they're getting close and it all looks good," he told the US host.

The films, directed by Michael Bay, starred Martin as Miami Police Department's Detective Marcus Burnett opposite Will's Detective Mike Lowrey.

Martin tweeted his co-star in July, asking about a third film. The first film was released in 1995, before the sequel in 2003.

"11 years ago today, Bad Boys II was released in theaters. Feelin' it's about time for number 3... what do you think Will Smith?" he wrote.

Jerry has previously said timing and the actors' schedules make the third movie a bigger challenge.

"It's so funny because we'll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will is off doing two movies... And then, Ride Along came out and was a big hit, and now they're all excited to make the movie, but Will is off doing something else. It's just trying to get everybody together to make it. But, we're working on the script. We have a lot of faith and hope that we'll do it," he admitted.

Martin has been focusing on his TV career in recent years, starring in sitcom Partners alongside Kelsey Grammer. Will, last seen in Winter's Tale, next stars in romantic comedy-drama Focus with Margot Robbie.

From the web

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph