Belfast Telegraph

Monday 3 August 2015

Matt Damon's Bourne written out

Published 11/10/2010 | 14:02

Matt Damon's character does not feature The Bourne Legacy
Matt Damon's character does not feature The Bourne Legacy

Matt Damon's lead part in the Bourne films has been written out, the director of the franchise's fourth movie has revealed.

Tony Gilroy told Hollywood Elsewhere that Jason Bourne will not feature in The Bourne Legacy, due for release in 2012.

The director-screenwriter said: "This is not a reboot or a recast or a prequel. No-one's replacing Matt Damon. There will be a whole new hero, a whole new chapter ... this is a stand-alone project. Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens."

He went on: 'I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy ... the world we're making enhances and advances and invites Jason Bourne's return."

Matt had already said he would not be returning to the movies unless Paul Greengrass directed the latest instalment.

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph