Belfast Telegraph

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Paramount defends Bay's safe stunts

Published 06/09/2010

Paramount has defended Transformers director Michael Bay
Paramount has defended Transformers director Michael Bay

Paramount have jumped to the defence of Transformers director Michael Bay, saying he ensures the safety of his cast and crew, after an injured extra was reported to be in a critical condition.

Gabriella Cedillo was previously said to have been hit by a flying object as she filmed a stunt for Transformers 3, but Paramount told Deadline the injured extra was "not involved in the stunt" and that "a freak accident caused her injury" - she was "struck by a flying metal object whose welding had come apart".

"Nobody has done movies more safely than Michael Bay - we feel horrible that anyone was injured and will take all appropriate action," a Paramount executive said.

They added that the extra, who was not a professional stuntperson, and her car were more than 500 feet away from the stunt, but couldn't explain why the studio's version of events vary from the local police reports.

Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel reprise their roles in the third instalment of the blockbuster franchise, joined by new girl Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, who replaces Megan Fox as Sam Witwicky's new love interest.

From the web

Sponsored Videos

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph