Pneumonia and drugs intoxication killed Brittany Murphy
Published 05/02/2010 | 04:13
Hollywood star Brittany Murphy died from pneumonia but prescription drug intoxication was also a factor, the Los Angeles County coroner has said.
Spokesman Craig Harvey said the primary cause of Murphy's death was pneumonia, with secondary factors of iron deficiency, anaemia and multiple drug intoxication.
Mr Harvey said the drugs ingested were all prescription medications.
He declined to say more about what types of drugs were involved, adding that those details will be released in about two weeks when a complete report is ready.
Murphy died on December 20 aged 32 after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home.
Her mother and husband have said that the actress did not abuse prescription medications or have an eating disorder.