Rachel Tucker today revealed how music maestro Andrew Lloyd Webber apologised to her after his controversial decision to vote her out of the BBC show I'd Do Anything.
According to Rachel, "The Lord" approached her backstage following Saturday night's semi-final and said he was sorry for not selecting her to compete innext week's final.
Rachel also revealed that Lloyd Webber told her he had other roles in mind for her, including the Phantom of the Opera Part II.
And she told how judges Denise Van Outen and John Barrowman both broke down and cried after she was booted out of the competition.
Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph a philosophical Rachel said it was a " relief" to go and despite her disappointment, was looking forward to an exciting future ahead.
"You know what, I understand that so many people are gutted for me but I'm absolutely fine now," she said.
"I've packed up my stuff and moved out of the Nancy house and to be honest, it's a relief, because the pressure is now off and I can sit in the studio this weekend and enjoy the final.
"Of course I'm disappointed and it would have been lovely to make it through to the final, but Andrew had a decision to make and as far as I'm concerned he made the right one.
"I was in the bottom two three times whereas Sam was only in the bottom for the first time on Saturday.
"Andrew came up to me afterwards and said he had had a really tough decision to make and that he was sorry.
"But he also said that he was doing some type of workshop on Phantom of the Opera II and asked me would I be interested in taking part. I'm not quite sure what he has in mind, but we'll see.
"I genuinely believe this experience will open doors for me."
The 26-year-old from north Belfast said there had been a few tears backstage after the decision to let her go.
"The other three finalists (Jessie, Sam and Jodie) came running over to me and were all crying and then when I saw my family, I burst into tears.
The "Belfast Belter", as she has become affectionately nicknamed, said she was pleased to go out on a high, after a stunning performance of Cabaret, which earned her a standing ovation.
"I was delighted with my performance and thought it was the best I've ever done but it just wasn't to be," she said.
The brunette said she was now excited about her prospects and that she was hopeful good roles would come her away.
"This is only the beginning and with any luck, I'll get the chance to do more auditions and meet more people than I would have done before," she said.
And Rachel, who lives in London, said she was also looking forward to coming back to Belfast to throw "the biggest party ever".
"When I get back I'm going to say a huge thank you to everyone who helped me along the way."