Belfast Telegraph

Sunday 2 August 2015

Simon Cowell vows to reboot X Factor

Published 25/03/2013 | 04:20

Simon Cowell
Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell said he will have a more hands-on role on the X Factor as he thinks it's his "baby".

The star quit the panel to work on his US version of the show and has not been a judge for the past two years but he promised he would be coming back.

Last year's series – won by James Arthur – saw a massive slump in viewers and programme bosses have been looking at ways to rekindle interest in the show.

Cowell, who will be back on screens next month with the return of Britain's Got Talent, said: "I'm definitely getting more involved and will have a role in the next series. I'm not going to lie – I do miss doing it, because it's like my baby."

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph