Belfast Telegraph

Monday 31 August 2015

Stars ready to go on Dumber sequel

Published 10/07/2013

Jeff Daniels is back with Jim Carrey in Dumb And Dumber To
Jeff Daniels is back with Jim Carrey in Dumb And Dumber To

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are due to start shooting the Dumb And Dumber sequel this year.

The movie's future had been uncertain after a series of bumps in the road, with Jim temporarily quitting the cast, delays for "administrative" reasons and then Warner Bros dropping the project.

However, the film has been picked up by Universal Pictures and now Jeff has confirmed that the pair will start shooting in September, reported The Wrap.

He told American TV host Jimmy Fallon: "Well, I'll believe it's happening when I'm actually there, staring at Jim Carrey! But it looks like we're starting in September."

The actor also revealed that Dumb And Dumber To would be as funny as the 1994 original about socially awkward best friends Lloyd Christmas (Jim) and Harry Dunne (Jeff).

"It'll be the 20th anniversary of the first one, next year when it's released. I've seen the script, it's hysterical," he said. "We're middle-aged and we're still that stupid."

From the web

Sponsored Videos

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph