Two Bafta nominations for rising Swedish star Alicia Vikander
Swedish actress Alicia Vikander has added two Bafta 2016 nominations to her growing list of accolades.
The 27-year-old is nominated in the leading actress category for her performance as Gerda Wegener in The Danish Girl, which stars fellow nominee Eddie Redmayne.
She is also recognised in the supporting actress category for sci-fi thriller Ex Machina, in which she plays humanoid robot Ava.
This weekend in Hollywood, Vikander is competing for two Golden Globes in the same two categories for the aforementioned movies.
Her seemingly overnight rise to fame is actually the result of years of quiet endeavour.
Here are 10 things you should know about the woman destined now to be a huge star:
1. Vikander grew up in Gothenburg, Sweden. Her mother is a stage actress and her father is a psychiatrist.
2. She trained with the Royal Swedish Ballet School in Gothenburg from the age of nine. At 15, she moved to its upper school in Stockholm.
3. Vikander began her career in Swedish short films and television series.
4. She came to international attention in 2012 when she was cast in Anna Karenina, alongside Keira Knightley. Vikander played the rather naive Kitty.
5. Anna Karenina was her first English-language film.
6. For her movie A Royal Affair, she learnt Danish in two months.
7. In 2015, Vikander gained recognition for her portrayal of Vera Brittain in Testament Of Youth. The British feminist is the mother of Baroness Shirley Williams.
8. In preparation for her role in Testament Of Youth, the actress had tea at the House of Lords with the Lib Dem peer to get a personal insight into her mother.
9. Vikander's father read the script for The Danish Girl and told her she should take the role of Gerda Wegener, wife of Eddie Redmayne's Einar Wegener, who becomes Lili Elbe.
10. Vikander lives in London. She has been dating fellow actor Michael Fassbender since 2014.