Belsonic 2017: Final preparations get underway at Belfast's Ormeau Park
Belsonic 2017 kicks off this week with a new venue and an impressive line-up.
Ahead of the Belsonic's massive gigs, Belfast City Council has released important information as thousands of music fans attend the concerts over the next few weeks.
Eight concerts will take place from Tuesday, June 13 - Friday, June 30 at the Ormeau Park in Belfast.
- Tuesday, June 13: Arcade Fire with support form The Kooks
- Friday, June 16: The 1975 with support from Picture This and Pale Waves
- Saturday, June 17: Cream Classical Live, featuring K-Klass, Judge Jules, Tall Paul, and Robbie Nelson
- Monday, June 19: Martin Garrix with support from Don Diablo and Justin Mylo
- Thursday, June 22: Jess Gylnn with support from Martin Jensen
- Monday, June 26: Chainsmokers with support from Anne-Marie and Lost Kings
- Friday, June 30: Axwell & Ingrosso with support from Jonas Blue
Gates open: 6pm
Entertainment begins: 6.30pm
Entertainment ends: 11pm
For more information on the concerts, including parking and getting there please visit the Belsonic website.
Special arrangements for concert days:
- Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone Complex will close all day.
- Non-concert goers can access Ormeau Park by the lower gate off Ormeau Road nearest to Park Road, all of the gates off Park Road and gates off Ravenhill Road up as far as the Bowling Green. All other gates will be closed and unavailable.
- Ormeau Embankment will close to traffic from 5pm – midnight. Special arrangements are in place for disabled parking and residents of Ravenhill Reach.
- There will be road and traffic restrictions in place in the surrounding area from 5pm – midnight on many concert nights, including parts of the Ormeau Road being reduced to one lane. There will be road signage to advise of this, and please continue to listen to traffic information on radio and online.
- Alcohol seizure points will be in place at both sides of Ormeau Bridge, and the Ravenhill Road junction onto Ormeau Embankment. Other seizure points will also be in operation around the site.
- Noise levels will be monitored at each concert.
- Additional street cleaning will be in place to ensure the area is litter free as quickly as possible.
- The Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone Complex, Ormeau Park and Ormeau Embankment will open as normal at all other times.
- You can only enter the concert site from the Ormeau Embankment, via the Ormeau Road and Ravenhill Road.
- Buses will only be able to access the Ormeau Embankment via the Ormeau Road junction on a one-way system. Buses arriving from the Ravenhill Road, via the M2/M3 will be required to continue towards the Ormeau Road roundabout and Ormeau Road to gain entry to the Ormeau Embankment.
- Please visit the Translink website for information on special bus and train services and Belsonic.com for information on bus and taxi parking at the venue.
Belfast Telegraph Digital