Belfast Telegraph

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Celine Dion: I lost third baby

Published 04/11/2010 | 14:32

Celine Dion said she was expecting triplets
Celine Dion said she was expecting triplets

Celine Dion has revealed she was initially pregnant with triplets after undergoing IVF earlier this year, but tragically lost one of her unborn babies.

The 42-year-old singer and husband Rene Angelil were celebrating the birth of twin sons Eddy and Nelson last weekend but she revealed to Hello magazine they experienced heartbreak early on in the pregnancy.

Celine said: "For about a week, we thought we had triplets, but sadly on the next visit to the doctor's, we only heard two heartbeats.

"That little baby decided to leave the space for the two others and to say goodbye to us. It happened very early during the pregnancy, but still, it shocks you."

The star, who also has a nine-year-old son, Rene-Charles, admitted twins were hard work but she is a very proud mother.

She said: "[Motherhood] is going well. I don't get a lot of sleep. For sure I'm tired, but that's what I want. And it's only for the first month or so.

"One is more gutsy than the other. Nelson seems to have a little stronger personality right now. He's the tougher of the two.

"They are fraternal twins, but they look very alike. Nelson weighed more at the birth, but the doctor told us in a week or two, they're going to be the same."

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph