Belfast Telegraph

Fleetwood Mac to play Isle of Wight

Fleetwood Mac are to appear as headliners at next year's Isle of Wight Festival.

The veteran rockers, who have lined up a series of tour dates for the coming months, will play the event on June 14, marking their only festival performance.

The group said: "We've always wanted to come to the UK to play the Isle of Wight Festival, and so we are delighted that in 2015, we are finally making it happen.

"So many of our fellow artists and friends have played at this historic event over the years, and we can't wait to see all of our fans on the island next summer."

It is thought to be the first time they have headlined a major UK festival with the line-up which took them to worldwide fame with hit albums such as Rumours.

The performance will feature Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, along with Christine McVie who initially rejoined the band for a guest slot last year.

Festival organiser John Giddings said: "It's no secret that Fleetwood Mac have been on my wishlist for the Isle of Wight Festival for some time now, so I'm very pleased and extremely proud to have them headline next year's event. With Christine now back in the band too, it is going to be a momentous occasion, a moment in music history."

Tickets go on sale on Friday at 9am at isleofwightfestival.com.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph