Belfast Telegraph

Nadine still in, say Girls Aloud

Girls Aloud have slammed claims they are to reunite without Nadine Coyle.

The girl band took a year off more than 13 months ago and The Sun reported Cheryl Cole, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh and Sarah Harding were planning to push ahead with their comeback next year as a four-piece, without Nadine.

But a spokesperson for Girls Aloud denied the reports, saying they had signed a record deal and would be releasing their sixth studio album as a five piece, though no release date has yet been given.

Since the band's break, Nadine has been working on her debut solo album and Cheryl is preparing to release a second solo album, as well as judging The X Factor.

Kimberley has been TV presenting, Nicola has launched a make-up range, while Sarah has been working on her acting career, with a role in the St Trinian's sequel and BBC drama Freefall.

Nadine, 25, is thought to have been growing apart from her bandmates since moving to California with her family in 2006.

Nicola told Hello! in the spring that she hadn't spoken to Nadine for some time.

She admitted: "If I'm really honest, we haven't spoken to Nadine since September. I talked to the other girls about it on Monday and no, none of us have heard from her."

Nadine admitted last month she was in no hurry to get back with Girls Aloud.

She said: "We're all still young so we don't have that racing against the clock, and I wanted to do a solo record and everyone wants to do their own thing."

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph