Sambora fired from Bon Jovi tour?
Richie Sambora has reportedly been denied the chance to return to the Bon Jovi tour.
The band's lead guitarist was replaced by Philip 'Phil X' Xenidis when he left the Because We Can tour in April, citing a "personal matter".
He is now said to be "really upset" after getting the sack, claimed Rumorfix.com.
"Richie wants to go back on stage - that's his first love. He's really upset over the news," a source told the website.
Richie has not spoken much about his departure from the group's tour dates, although he shared a new song Come Back As Me on August 4, which he denied was aimed at Bon Jovi frontman Jon Bon Jovi. There had been rumours that there was tension between the pair.
"This songs gettin some traction, so I would sincerely appriciate (sic) any help. BTW this has nothin to do with Jon...," he tweeted on August 4.
The 54-year-old rocker, who has had substance abuse problems in the past, also showed his appreciation for his fans' support.
He wrote: "Hey guys just wanna say thanks and love for all your support.....can't say much right now accept that.... Thank you... I don't know myself.... Just tryin to find the road..."
Bon Jovi drummer Tico Torres has insisted that Richie's absence is because of "personal problems", not an alleged feud with Jon Bon Jovi.
"I think it's personal problems. People are allowed to take care of things in their lives. I think it's important to give that support," he said.
The Because We Can tour, which kicked off in Washington DC on February 10, continues through to South America, Asia and Australia - with more dates in north America - until December 17.