Sir Paul trusts Boyle on Games role
Sir Paul McCartney says he has not dared to intervene in Danny Boyle's plans for his part in the Olympic opening ceremony.
The ex-Beatle said he is leaving it all up to movie director Danny who is overseeing the celebration, even if he believes he could suggest some improvements.
In an interview with BBC Radio 6 Music, to be broadcast on Wednesday, Sir Paul said the plan is for him to round off the show.
The musician said of Danny: "He's got an idea of what he wants us to do and to tell you the truth I'm pretty much listening to him. I mean I could say 'this could be better or that could be better', but he knows what he's got, he knows how the rest of the show goes and he's stuck me on at the end - I can tell you that much."
"No pressure there," he added, during the interview with presenter Lauren Laverne.
Sir Paul - who also rounded off the Diamond Jubilee concert outside Buckingham Palace last month - said he is also looking forward to watching the sporting achievements unfold - in particular Jamaican Usain Bolt's bid to defend his 100m title.
Sir Paul's fashion designer daughter Stella has designed the outfits being worn by Team GB athletes.
"It's a family affair," he told Lauren in an interview to be broadcast during her morning show from 10am on Wednesday.