Belfast Telegraph

Tulisa 'sorry' for cancelled fest

Tulisa Contostavlos has apologised to fans after pulling out of her appearance at GuilFest.

The X Factor judge - who celebrated her 24th birthday and her court victory over ex-boyfriend Justin Edwards in Ibiza - had been scheduled to perform at the Surrey music festival on July 14, but had to cancel her act because she was unwell.

"So sorry I had to cancel at Guilfest guys. I was really unwell. Hate letting down my fans but I genuinely couldn't perform. I'm on the mend X," she wrote on Twitter.

Cher Lloyd, Stooshe and Olly Murs went on to perform at the event, with Take That tribute act Take Fat taking Tulisa's place.

Festival organiser Tony Scott told the Daily Mail: "We got a message from Tulisa's team just beforehand saying she was unwell and could not make it. They said she was really sorry and would love to come back next year.

"I think GuilFest is one of Tulisa's favourite gigs and this would have been her third time in a row."

He added: "I think she was genuinely upset at not being able to perform but if somebody is not very well, they are not very well. You have to be 100 per cent when you get up on the stage."

Tulisa - who has been focusing on her solo career away from N-Dubz - jetted off to the party island after accepting the "sincere apologies" from rapper Justin over the sex tape incident at London's High Court last week.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph