Belfast Telegraph

Tuesday 28 April 2015

X Factor group hits controversy

A group managed by Mathew Knowles have reached The X Factor boot camp
A group managed by Mathew Knowles have reached The X Factor boot camp

A girl group reportedly managed by Beyonce's dad has sparked controversy after reaching the X Factor's boot camp.

The Sun said that the band, From Above, have already had an album and TV series, Breaking From Above, which was screened on MTV in the UK last year.

The five-piece are said to have got through to the next stage despite the axing of 60 hopefuls by judges Tulisa Contostavlos, Louis Walsh, Gary Barlow and Nicole Scherzinger from the ITV1 show's boot camp section, before they had the chance to sing.

A member of a rival girl group was quoted as saying: "It's disgusting. The X Factor is supposed to be about discovering raw, new talent."

But Simon Cowell has made a change in the rules for the talent show, allowing acts that already have contracts to audition.

The Sun quoted manager Mathew Knowles as saying of the group: "They remind me of Destiny's Child."

Nightlife Galleries

More

Latest Entertainment News

Latest Music News

Latest Film & TV News

Latest Eating Out News

Horoscopes

Your Horoscopes by Russell Grant

Taurus:

Take a friend's advice with a pinch of salt. Although you love this dreamer dearly, they don't have a realistic grasp of the situation. Trust your instincts instead. You've always taken great pride in your work ethic. Abandoning a project before it is finished will weigh on your conscience. Do the best you can with a severely reduced budget. The results won't be thrilling, but they will be respectable. Nobody will blame you for having to make bricks from straw.More