Belfast Telegraph

Adele speaks out over split rumours

Adele has taken to Twitter to deny rumours she has split from her partner.

The 26-year-old singer - who rarely uses social media and has always closely guarded her private life - chose to speak out after The Sun on Sunday claimed she had split from charity boss Simon Konecki, the father of her two-year-old son, Angelo.

Adele told her 21.5 million followers: "Just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays & all the best for 2015! PS Simon & I are still very much together, don't believe what you read x."

The newspaper had reported the couple were no longer living together and had hardly seen each another in the last two months. It claimed Adele was spending most of her time with her mother and friends in London, while Simon, 40, was living back in his "bachelor pad" 60 miles away in Brighton.

The couple did not attend Sir Elton John's wedding last week, and Adele sent a note which is reported to have said: " Biggest congratulations my loves. Have a wonderful day. I'm sorry we are not there. See you in 2015. Love Adele, Simon and Angelo. x."

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph