Belfast Telegraph

Amanda Bynes 'desperate to see dog'

Amanda Bynes was reportedly “almost inconsolable” after her Pomeranian dog suffered “mild burns” when the actress started a fire last week.

The troubled actress was placed on a mental health hold last week after she started a fire using a gas can in a driveway in California. The incident could have resulted in serious injury as Amanda’s pants were charred and her beloved Pomeranian dog suffered “mild burns”.

The 27-year-old star is hoping her medical team will allow her mom Lynn Bynes to visit along with the pooch.

“Amanda has been asking her mother to bring her dog to the hospital to visit her,” a source told RadarOnline. “The policy of the facility is to not allow non-service animals on the premises, but her doctors are contemplating allowing her to remain on the hospital grounds with supervision and visit with the dog outside.

“The visit would be very, very controlled and supervised.”

The star tried to rinse the gasoline-soaked pooch at a nearby liquor store after starting the blaze. She has been left devastated at the thought of what could have happened.

“Amanda has been taking medications as prescribed by her doctors. With that, her thinking is becoming much more clear and concise. Amanda is fully aware that she accidentally caused her Pomeranian puppy to be mildly burned in the fire,” the source added. “It’s truly sad because Amanda just loves animals and she was almost inconsolable when she realised what she did to her dog. She would never intentionally hurt or harm any animal.”

Amanda must remain in hospital after a judge extended her 5150 hold for another two weeks so doctors can further examine her.

© Cover Media

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph