Ashley Greene fire ‘accidental’
The cause of the fire that destroyed Twilight actress Ashley Greene’s Los Angeles condo last Friday has been declared accidental by officials.
The 26-year-old Twilight actress’ apartment in West Hollywood’s historic Granville building was destroyed in a fire on Friday.
TMZ reports the inferno has been officially declared an accident by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, the L.A. Fire Department and the insurance company overseeing the matter. Authorities apparently believe the blaze “occurred as the result of carelessness.”
Law enforcement sources previously told the website an unattended candle was the cause.
A preliminary investigation concluded the candle lit the living room sofa on fire and flames quickly spread through the rest of the home
The premises suffered extensive damage, as not only will Ashley’s home have to be “completely gutted”, apparently four other apartments require repair.
Ashley, her boyfriend and her brother were reportedly sleeping at the residence when the fire started.
One of Ashley’s two dogs died in the blaze and three people reportedly sustained minor injuries after escaping from the seven-story building.
The wounded parties reportedly refused to go to the emergency room for treatment.
© Cover Media